The success of a localization project is measured not only by how accurately it matches the source language in terms of functionality and look-and-feel, but also by how natural the written text appears to the target audience.
Our localization teams have the linguistic and programming knowledge necessary to develop a complete localization solution that includes all the languages, services, and level of guidance you need for a worldwide deployment of your product.
We can work with many different software-specific file formats, including executable programs, resource files, and XML-based files.
Our capabilities include the translation of all product components that contain text, such as resource files, bitmaps and icons.
As needed, we will resize your dialog boxes and recompile online help files. We will also test your localized software or assist with the validation process.
We submit every project to our strict proofreading, technical review, and final testing procedures to ensure that the localized software retains the look and functionality of the source language product.
Technical review and final testing steps typically include the following::
- In-country Review and Testing will necessitate:
- When the user interface elements are translated, the next step in the localization process is to test the software for language accuracy and functionality.
- Cosmetic testing is performed to identify any issues that might be encountered in terms of the application’s visuals or layout.
- Functionality testing is performed to confirm that the target language product displays and behaves just as the source language does in the original application.
- Linguistic check: to verify that all double-byte characters and characters with diacritical marks display properly; confirm proper grammar, spelling, and hyphenation; and ensure consistency of terminology.
- Cosmetic test: to check for overlapping commands, truncated strings, dialog box size and layout, duplicate index entries, or hot keys.
- Software Localization Tools:
- These CAT tools greatly simplify and accelerate the translation of user interfaces and eliminate the need for programming experience on the part of the translators.
- itlocal uses software localization tools to directly handle a large number of software-specific file formats, including executable programs, resource files, and XML-based files.
- Text strings can be translated into numerous languages, including Asian languages (Unicode) and right-to-left scripts like Hebrew and Arabic.
Components of a localized product:
- Product documentation (installation instructions, user manuals, product packaging, etc.)
- Online help
- UI (User Interface)
itlocal specializes in high quality website translation services, enabling you to communicate a clear message in any language. Nowadays, the internet is the main pillar of communication while a website represents a company’s business card. Therefore, our aim is to make your message appealing to a multicultural audience.
Our service provides you with a high quality web copy and supports most file formats. Web page translations can be prepared in a word or pdf format to easily add it to your site. Or we can translate live web pages, working directly from the source code, and provide the translation in HTML or XML for most languages.
Good quality website translation is not just about translating the main text on each web page. It is important to render page titles, descriptions and the ALT text on your site as well. Along with it, comes also the necessity to think through how a customer will be able to use your services and navigate the site.
Do you want to generate telephone enquiries in another language, or do you want people to place standardized orders by e-mail? Can you capture the essential data correctly? There’s nothing more annoying than filling in a web form which rejects your information because it requires a particular style of address or phone number which doesn’t match the required layout. Moreover, right-to-left languages like Arabic, Farsi and Hebrew involve right-to-left navigation, so the outcome needs to be a mirror image of an English version.
Our Multilingual Web Solutions include:
- Localization and adaptation of multimedia materials
- Content translation and transcreation
- Graphic design adaptation
- Multilingual promotion solutions
- Web hosting solutions
- Electronic commerce solutions
- Website localization
Choose itlocal as your partner and let us provide you with top quality materials!