Our management team ensures that itlocal’s Quality Policy
- is in line with company’s internal and external policy,
- complies with client requirements and continually improves the effectiveness of the quality management system,
- provides a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives,
- is communicated and understood within the organization,
- is constantly reviewed and improved.
Our Quality Control Review Process
The Project Manager notifies the Quality Control Specialist when the project is ready for Quality Control Review and provides the Quality Control kit which includes:
- the Quality Control file directory containing the formatted target language files and matching source documents;
- the Request Form filled in by the client and containing project-specific instructions.
- the project schedule information;
- instructions on which checklist/style guide to use, based on product type and file format.
The Quality Control Review Process involves:
- reviewing the desktop published files focusing on formatting and following the checklist/style guide and client reference materials;
- checking each target language file side-by-side with the source language version;
- the Quality Control Specialist notifies the Project Manager when the first round of Quality Control review is complete and provides suggested or mandatory changes;
- after the implementation of the suggestions, the Project Manager returns the formatted documents to the Quality Control Specialist for a second round of Quality Control;
- upon verification of the implemented changes, and if the document is correct, the Quality Control Specialist delivers the final files to the Project Manager;
Our team can repeat the process as many times as needed, to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
Final Review and File Maintenance
- The Project Manager will implement any changes made at the DTP and Quality Control steps in the unclean files, update the Translation Memories and match the final formatted documents.
- Before delivery to the client, the Project Manager performs a final check of the translated files to ensure all client instructions have been followed, including the required file and folder structure and use of correct part numbers and naming conventions.
- Finally, the Project Manager delivers the project files per client’s instructions.
Post-Delivery Maintenance and Error Correction
- If the Client submits corrections to delivered documents, the Project Manager works with the Client to ensure appropriate implementation of changes and the update of the affected Translation Memories. The Project Manager redelivers the corrected files to the Client.
- The Quality Assurance Manager investigates all of our clients’ complaints, to ensure satisfactory resolutions and formulate the appropriate corrective and preventive measures.
- The Project Manager ensures that all project materials are safely backed up and archived on the company servers, maintaining the original file structure for easy retrieval.
- We perform full backups every Friday and incremental backups Monday through Thursday every week.
- We maintain the archive indefinitely or for at least the minimum amount of time required by the client’s specifications.