In the translation industry, size actually matters. Most translation companies – also known as language service providers, or LSPs – are small, and for all the right reasons.
Big translation companies usually subcontract their translation projects to the smaller players, also known as vendors. Primarily, the large LSPs keep in touch with the client, manage the technology and terminology, but are not involved in the translation itself.
By contacting us directly, you as a client could manage the process more closely from the start.
So what are the advantages of working with a smaller LSP?
- Flexibility. It is one of the most notable features of a small LSP, as they usually respond quicker and more efficiently to client requests. This is the perfect fit when a fast service is needed, especially for larger corporations with moderate translation needs.
- Price. The translation costs can be much lower for a consistent quality with a local, smaller agency. Such translation companies have databases of worldwide available translators, so they can afford to charge less without sacrificing the overall quality.
- No bureaucracy. Because big LSPs usually have layers upon layers of managers, salespeople, IT, accountants, etc., they may not work as efficiently, as the project needs to pass through so many hands until it’s finished. Small companies usually have project managers that work directly with clients and vendors, overseeing the quality thoroughly and keeping a close eye on your documents.
- Better communication. The smaller companies usually have staff dedicated to working closely with the client, without getting too many people involved. This way, the risk of losing information along the way is significantly reduced.
- Understanding. Your needs are important and they should be analyzed on a more personal level. Smaller companies have less staff turnover and the relationships with the project managers will develop as time goes by, allowing for better knowledge of your specific brand needs. Don’t forget they also have a closer relationship with their vendors, making it easier for them to find the best person for your project.
- Tailoring to your projects. Even if you have a more complex requirement, for interpreting, DTP, specialist translations or other services such as subtitling or transcreation, a smaller company will have the time and people to dedicate to your project and develop the solution that fits you best.
So if you are looking for a reliable, fast and cost-effective translation service, give our small(er) translation agency a call.