Each translation project requires a unique approach and there are many variables involved in determining its price. Because of this, most companies do not list their prices for translation services on their websites.
When we receive a translation project, the first step we take is File Preparation and Translation Memory Maintenance:
• Converting files such as Microsoft Office, InDesign, QuarkXPress, FrameMaker, Flash, Illustrator, Autodesk, DLLs, EXE etc. to translatable formats;
• Defining rules for protection of non-translatable phrases/ formatting tags;
• Preparing software resource files (software localization);
• Extracting translatable text embedded in image files (if requested);
• Creating Translation Memories (for first-time clients/projects/languages);
• Alignment of client-provided previously translated content to populate TM;
• Updating and maintaining TM consistency and integrity;
• Creating and managing TM attributes for optimum leverage and quality.
The next thing we do is Translation/Editing/Proofreading (TEP):
• Translation of source text by translators working in their mother tongue, specializing in various fields;
• Proofreading of the translated text by linguists who verify grammar, spelling and completeness of the translation vs the source text;
• Translation Memory discounts are applied, based on the reuse of the previously translated content.
Depending on the complexity of the project and our clients’ needs, we can do a Review of the translation by editors working in their mother tongue. Reviewers perform a ‘side by side review’ of the target and source text to verify the accuracy of the translation and its adaptability to the targeted locale, consistency of terminology within and across translated documents, agreement with the glossary, and completeness.
Additionally, we offer Publishing/Quality Control (when applicable):
• Adjusting formats after file recreation;
• Incorporating graphics and verifying text to graphics correspondence;
• Creation of Indexes and Table of Contents;
• Sorting tables, index and glossaries as needed;
• Performing quality checks and side-by-side proofing prior to delivery.
Being able to effectively multitask and manage all these multiple components of a project at once is critical to not only the success of each project, but to the good relationship between us and all our clients. Therefore, we also offer a complete Project Management process, which entails:
• Client interface and reporting;
• Project setup and management;
• Resource planning;
• Project budgeting;
• Project reporting.
At itlocal, we pay attention to all the details and ensure that when you entrust us with your documents you’ll get the best translation quality, on time and at competitive prices.