itlocal uses a number of quality assurance tools to assist with the verification of documents written in markup languages, such as HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and XML (eXtensible Markup Language). XML validation, for example, consists of checking an XML document to confirm that it is both well-formed and also valid, i.e., it follows a defined structure. A well-formed document follows the basic syntactic rules of XML, which are universal across all XML documents. A valid XML document also respects the rules dictated by a particular DTD or XML schema, such as a DITA map (Darwin Information Typing Architecture), according to the application-specific choices for those particular documents
We use Quality Assurance tools such as:
- SDL TeamWorks – project management tool;
- SDL Synergy – used for different types of file formats;
- HTML QA – used in website translation projects;
- SDL Passolo – used in software localization projects;
- QA Distiller – used for all projects to check issues like inconsistencies, punctuation errors, omissions, formatting problems, etc.;
- Altova XMLSpy – used in software localization projects, mainly for XML-file based projects.
Translation Quality Assurance software (also TQA or QA tools) is used to compare the source and the target versions of the text. Actually, these are the segments of bilingual texts and we carefully check them in order to detect all possible translation errors, misprints, consistency of terminology, compliance with project glossaries, omissions as well as punctuation, capitalization and number value or formatting errors.
Our well-defined processes are customized to the specific needs of every client and project. Optimal quality, cost containment and on-time delivery are our goals for every project, from translation and localization to terminology management and web design.
- For the Final Review, our editors are working in their mother tongue assigned to the project based on their expertise and familiarity with the subject matter. The reviewer performs a ‘side by side review’ of the target and source texts to verify the accuracy of the translation and its adaptability to the targeted locale, consistency of terminology within and across translated documents, agreement with the glossary, and completeness.
- We also offer Proofreading & Editing services
Editing is a process involving an editor who will make changes and provide suggestions, improving the overall quality of the writing, especially on a linguistic level. After the editing process is done, the language will be consistent and clear, with a great level of readability. The writing will not hold the same impact for a client if it is not fluent, adapted, consistent and mistake-free.Editing improves the overall quality of writing and ensures that every writing convention is followed, especially formatting requirements and referencing style.
- Overall improvement in the quality of translations
- Clear expressions
- Enhanced language-use
- Removing errors and inconsistencies
- Writing with maximum impact.
Proofreading is a simpler service which still holds a vital role. It is the process of correcting surface errors in writing, such as grammatical, spelling, punctuation and other language mistakes. Such inconsistencies are not permissible if we want a piece of writing to be clear, because they can undermine its impact and the credibility of your business in front of the client.
itlocal will focus on the process, which allows us to innovate and offer quality content for each and every one of our clients. Every client wants every project done well, every time, and that is what we offer.If done correctly, Quality Control is something that could help a business stand out and leave the competition behind, presenting a flawless product to the public. Everything we offer will ensure a successful result based on quality content, that will make everyone on the market talk about you and your business.Content Quality Control includes on top of checking the usual translation projects, things like social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, infographics, eBooks, and many other materials that people encounter every day. As a consequence, their expectations when it comes to the content they decide to engage with became increasingly higher. Producing generic content is simply not enough anymore, while having an adequate content strategy is the key to standing out in any competitive market.
- Removing grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors
- Improves consistency and formatting
- Ensures the document is ready for publication
- Perfects an already good piece of writing
Choose itlocal as your partner and let us provide you with top quality materials!